This recipe was inspired by my two little nieces who are girly girly girly with the mentality that the “more sprinkles the better”! I can’t blame them there! I found these super adorable “unicorn” sprinkles at my local grocery store, and well, the rest is history…herstory… You’ll also notice there isn’t a TON of sugar in these in comparison to the amount of flour. We were trying to keep it a little bit lighter on the sugar especially with the amount of sprinkles and white chocolate chips that were going in! Trust me, they are plenty sweet! This is a super simple baked good recipe that is so fun to make with kids, and a lot of room for error and wiggle room to play around with sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. to be added to your/their liking! And they bake fairly quickly which is also nice because let’s face it, they are definitely eager to taste the results of their hard work! So fun and delicious…Happy baking!
-3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup white chocolate chips
-1.5 tbsp “unicorn sprinkles” plus more for topping
-1/2 tbsp “valentines sprinkles” (red, pink & white sprinkles) plus more for topping
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 9×13 baking dish by greasing and lining with parchment paper.
In a large bowl:
– Start by combining wet ingredients. Whisk together 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
– Add two large eggs and whisk to combine (add one at a time) . Whisk in 2 tsp. vanilla extract.
– Add in flour mixture: 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk to combine. This is a pretty thick batter by the way!
– Use a spatula to fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1.5 tbsp unicorn sprinkles and 1/2 tbsp Valentine’s Day sprinkles(I got both of these at my local grocery store).
– Grease and line 9×13 baking dish with parchment. Spread evenly in dish and top with more unicorn & Valentine’s sprinkles! Bake 25-28 mins. Mine took 25 minutes in ceramic pan.
From my happy & healthy belly to yours,